What the Aggregate Physician Spend Quick Starter is all About
The U.S. government introduced The Physician Payment Sunshine Act requiring manufacturers and group purchasing organizations to report on a wide range of payments to physicians and physician-owned entities. According to this, the U.S. requires yearly reporting of all physician payments over a cumulative value of $100 dollars – with the first report being due by March 31, 2011.
Not only due to this legal obligation are health care providers and organizations struggling with a missing single view on their physician data. The data mostly resides in multiple business application systems and is referenced by a number of transactions such as payment or logistical processes.
Situation without aggregated spend data
The sample graphic shows a typical scenario, where the physician spend data is dispersed inconsistently across several source systems. Aggregation of the data reveals that the total expenses exceed the allowed range (based on fictituous data).
This quick starter package facilitates a fast implementation of a Physician Spend Aggregation process based on SAP NetWeaver MDM. It covers the data extraction from SAP Business Suite systems as well as the actual import into SAP NetWeaver MDM for consolidation. Once the data has been consolidated it is ready for usage by business intelligence tools such as SAP NetWeaver BW. Life sciences companies can directly leverage the out-of-the-box integration content to reduce the time to value to a minimum.
What it has in it for You
The Aggregate Physician Spend Quick Starter provides pre-defined integration content including:
- Out-of-the-box data model covering both health care providers and organizations
- Extractors for SAP Business Suite systems (incl. SAP ERP, CRM, and SRM) for both reference and master data
- Pre-defined MDM import mappings for SAP Business Suite systems
- Matching strategies for physician data
- Pre-defined MDM export mappings fueling SAP Business Suite systems
- Configurable export mappings fitting your reporting system
For further details including download information, see the SDN Download Catalog site dedicated to this quick starter.
- MDM Quick Starter: Collaborative Master Data Creation Processes
- Integrating SAP NetWeaver MDM with SAP BusinessObjects Data Services
- Optimized Supplier Spend Reporting