Let me thank my blog, first, Markus Ganser of the intuitive and informative blogs, wiki and articles on EIM and enterprise and embedded master data management
All the views provided here are my personal opinion and based in my experience with MDM and do not necessarily reflect my employer. Request that treat inputs as only opinions in this blog, and you should definitely search expertise and opinion before your business decision.
Before the other, you let me talk about what is enterprise and embedded MDM?
• Integrates and completes business suite to the full enterprise uses embedded MDM by extending the MDM total memory of SAP.
• In width MDM use
• Typically includes enterprise MDM SAP master data governance and SAP NetWeaver master data management, featuring ready-to-run or ready-made solutions based on a technological basis for data quality, workflow, UI, etc.
• Enterprise MDM is application and system agnostic and supports all domains to the master data consolidation, harmonization and governance.
• This scenario supports business initiatives such as mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, supply chain optimization or data governance
• Central MDM above on the SAP Business Suite (embedded MDM) while he use of application-independent contexts support all domains and MDM cases in the enterprise (Enterprise MDM).
• Thorough use of MDM
• Ready-to-run master data governance for certain SAP master data domains, tailored for centralized data management using the SAP Business Suite. Embedded MDM is master data governance applications from SAP.
• Embedded MDM provides centralized master data creation, maintenance, and governance for SAP Business Suite for selected data domains such as finance, materials and suppliers.
• Embedded MDM is a natural extension of the running in the SAP Business Suite with the addition of prefabricated master data creation, modification and distribution processes and stewardship business processes.
Important product offerings, with which the above mentioned requirements are:
SAP master data governance offers ready-to-run governance applications for specific SAP master data domains. SAP master data governance applications tailored for central data management in SAP Business Suite environments and meet the needs of the embedded MDM
SAP NetWeaver master data management is the proven multi-domain solution for master data management in heterogeneous environments and application-independent contexts. The combination of SAP NetWeaver MDM and SAP MDG will typically all requirements of the company MDM cover.
SAP Businessobjects data services SAP is strategic go-forward data integration and data quality solution. Access with its functions, transform, cleanse and enrich any kind of data and the data profiling impact analysis and data lineage features SAP quality layer in an embedded or Enterprise MDM initiative suitable BusinessObjects data services as data integration and data.
Goal is to provide high-quality data, measure and improve the quality of the data for all business processes, the with
• SAP Businessobjects data quality management : profile, cleanse and improve data
• SAP NetWeaver master data management: to harmonize and manage master data centrally. Provide a single view of business information
• SAP master data governance for financials, chart of accounts across the enterprise to consolidate. Eliminate manual maintenance of the financial master data in multiple systems
• SAP data migration : offers best practices to reduce the risk of migration projects
Is a scenario that I can think of in the future, an upgrade to enterprise MDM, and for the huge amount of the master has customers who want to be currently in MDM platform, data, which are cleaned and centrally managed MDG boxes be migrated.
Not to forget, the global data synchronization is way (GDS), SAP NetWeaver MDM helps companies standardize and synchronize supply chain data with trading partners still intact, to SAP with some new options have the option of GDS occurs when a customer with Enterprise MDM wants to go and would like to use
In addition to the core data management techniques and awareness of ETL tools, I feel consultants focus will want to be should the below technologies, to build expertise and capabilities, top technical this new service offers on the and, if true value for customers:
• Of course, the first and most important is master data, suppliers, and so on functional expertise of the master as such as finance.
• Data migration to SAP Business Suite by using the new services, SAP data migration services.
• Is need of the hour to focus, the underlying data-quality engine in all use cases for data enrichment and other functions, which has you on SAP BusinessObjects Data Services integration.
• SAP NetWeaver BPM critical.
• Since SAP master data governance is developed and deployed on the same technical platform as the Business Suite know-how in BADI, ABAP, SAP business workflow, etc. is essential.
• MDG data models per domain.
• PI, for integration with various systems.
• Enterprise Portal and Web Dynpro, as SAP has many preconfigured content available provided and is coming with a lot in the future.
• BRFplus is the key to the development of decision trees and tables for the integration of BPM, MDM, and Millennium development goals.
• Data replication framework (DRF).
• SAP extended ECM by open text and information lifecycle management.
• Last but not least, select best of the user interface that corresponds to the requirements.
Note for additional insights and information: Markus wiki
- Master Data Quality, Governance and Management
- Innovations 2010 in SAP master data management
- Implementing a Vendor Master Data governance solution based on BPM, MDM & ECC: Part 1
- Implementing a Vendor Master Data governance solution based on BPM, MDM & ECC: Part 2
- Implementing a Vendor Master Data governance solution based on BPM, MDM & ECC: Part 3