If someone asks you a question – hey you know what ?- retailers have terabytes of POS data stored in their BI systems –– are they getting better business insights from the volumes of data – stored and generated everyday.
Well one can dream on – of an ideal Retail Analytics Solution with interactive dashboards – prebuilt KPI’s across the retail supply chain – enhanced by nuggets of predictive intelligence .If one can dream further –one can add a planning /forecasting & simulation engine over the data – to aid the business managers to carry out their pet “what if “ scenario’s .
If One wakes up – one would realize that – while the end desired solution seems clear and perhaps be visualized also , there may exist distinct possibility of tools available to achieve the same – one has to has answer a series of questions prior before the end sate can be reached .it also requires multiple components of solutions to be brought together – to create a “sum of the parts is greater than the whole “Retail analytics solution.
One may ask questions like
1) What are the various KPI’s across the Retail Supply chain? – Where do we get the base data to build these KPI’s? Who from Retail organization would be interested in monitoring these KPI’s – which of these are prebuilt in SAP standard solutions and not whitespaces – that needs to be custom built. Finally with so many presentation layers available in the SAP BI space – there is also a question of selection of best suited presentaion layer to build the business friendly Analytics Retail dashboard/s.
2) If there exist multiple BI solutions (from different product vendors) in the landscape – pro’s and con’s of sun setting a few and going for Retail enterprise wide BI solution strategy.
3) What is the best fit planning and forecasting solution in retail context? Components of which- would give maximum benefit to a retailer.
4) Which of the Predictive analytics- like market basket analysis? Mark up/down optimization, price & promotion modeling, store clustering & price zone definition etc create maximum impact? What are the right kind of tools to build these models? Which statistical techniques are to be used and finally how do we integrate this with core BI solution – to create an actionable Business impact.
Well there are more such questions but you get the drift ……
Let us explore each of these EPM components as applied to retail industry context in this series of blogs
- Centralized management of master data
- Data to Intelligence via MDM
- free sap mdm books
- Integrated customer data
- Investing in SDN Blogging
- Master Data Assessment
- Master data consolidation
- MDM Repository
- Questions on MDM Certification
- Rich product content
- sap dm protecting and unprotecting a mdm records
- sap free mdm software
- sap master data management
- sap md testing
- sap mdm 5.5
- sap mdm 5.5 installtion
- sap mdm 7.0 tutorials.
- sap mdm 7.1
- sap mdm 7.1 tutorials
- sap mdm administration guides
- sap mdm books
- sap mdm business intelligence solutions
- sap mdm clix
- SAP MDM Components and Modules
- sap mdm console
- sap mdm data manager
- sap mdm ebooks
- sap mdm excellence award 2009
- SAP MDM History
- sap mdm import manager
- sap mdm installtion
- SAP MDM Java API
- sap mdm online training
- SAP MDM PI Integration
- SAP MDM Publishing
- SAP MDM Scenarios
- sap mdm software
- SAP MDM TRAINING
- sap mdm training banglore
- sap mdm traininig in hyderabad
- SAP MDM Tutorials
- sap mdm workflow
- sap mdm workflow tools and usage
- SAP MDM XI Integration
- sap mdm xi r3 integration
- sap mobile application workflow
- sap netweaver mdm 7.1
- sap netweaver mdm 8.8
- sap4india interview questions
- Step by Step SAP MDM Tutorials
- Successful Transition to IFRS on SAP
- Synchronization and distribution of master data
- What is sap mdm ? what is master data management