This section gets you up and running as quickly as possible in MDM
Console. Before you begin, you need to be sure that the SQL DBMS
(SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, or MaxDB) is up and running and that the
MDM software is already installed on your system.
NOTE â–ºâ–º You can run multiple MDM Console sessions on the same
ï® To start MDM Console from either the Desktop or the Start menu:
â™¦ From the Desktop, double-click the MDM Console icon (shown at left),
or from the Start menu, choose Programs > SAP MDM > MDM Console.
After a few seconds, the MDM Console main window comes up.
NOTE â–ºâ–º Once MDM Console has been started, you may still need
to perform some or all of the following additional steps before an MDM
repository can be accessed by an MDM client or other clients on the
(1) Mount an MDM Server (see â€œMounting and Unmounting the MDM
(2) Start the MDM Server(see â€œStarting and Stopping Mâ€ on page
(3) Create a new MDM Repository (see â€œCreating an MDM
(4) Load the MDM repository (see â€œLoading and Unloading an MDM
ï® To exit MDM Console:
1. Click the close button in the upper right corner of the window, or
choose File > Exit from the main menu.
NOTE â–ºâ–º If you exit MDM Console without stopping a running MDM
Server, the server remains running with its MDM repositories mounted
and loaded even without the connection to your MDM Console
2. MDM prompts you to ask if you would like to save the list of mounted
servers to an MDM Console Settings file (described in the following
â€“ save the settings and exit
â€“ exit without saving
â€“ return to the MDM Console session